מכונים, מרכזים וקתדראות
Lechter Institute for Literary Research
Founded in 1981 under the leadership of Professor Harold Fisch , the Institute for Literary Research at Bar-Ilan University was renamed the Lechter Institute in 1985. Since its founding, the Lechter Institute has conducted a series of international conferences and colloquia, with support from the Kaplan Fund for American Literature and the Lewis Family Fund for International Conferences in the Humanities.
Director of the Institute: Professor Ellen Spolsky
Professor Ellen Spolsky
Professor Harold Fisch, z"l
The scope of the work of the Institute can be best shown by the published books and monographs which have resulted from these activities:
- Biblical Patterns in Modern Literature, edited by David H. Hirsch and Nehama Aschkenasy. Brown Judaic Studies, 77. 1984.
- The Uses of Adversity: Failure and Accommodation in Reader Response, edited by Ellen Spolsky. Bucknell University Press. 1990.
- Summoning: Ideas of the Covenant and Interpretive Theory, edited by Ellen Spolsky. State University of New York Press. 1993.
- The Judgement of Susanna: Authority and Witness, edited by Ellen Spolsky. Early Judaism and its Literature, No.11. Society for Biblical Literature. 1996
- Papers from the 1995 Conference, "Acknowledging Stanley Cavell," jointly sponsored by the Institute, the Kaplan Fund, the Lewis Family Fund, and the Department of American Studies of the Hebrew University, have been published in the Fall 1996 issue of the Oxford University Press journal, Common Knowledge.
- 1998 Interdisciplinary Conference "Iconotropisms" in honour of Professor Murray Roston -- 23-25 March 1998